QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2072|回复: 1

如何带自闭症儿童去旅行③

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-4-9 12:54:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
00219b03e6620e1a53320b.jpg

来源:https://www.autismspeaks.org/sit ... vices/schlosser.pdf

Ten Strategies for Traveling with aChild with Autism or How Do We Survive the Trip?  (3)

十个与自闭症儿童完成旅行的方法(三)

Flushablewipes are a necessity for Monica, mother of two and one with autism. “Not onlyfor cleaning sticky fingers but also indispensable for a child not pottytrained. We also take a vinyl pad to place under hotel bed sheets and even moreimportant, under Grandma’s bed sheets.”

Monica有两个孩子,其中有一个患有自闭症。对她来说,湿巾纸是必需品。“这样不仅可以擦干净黏糊糊的手指,对不会用婴儿便盆的孩子更是必需的。我们还会携带乙烯基垫并铺在酒店的床单下面,最重要的是,要铺在奶奶的床单下。

Monicakeeps her child calm in the car with a variety of library CD’s. “A stack ofCD’s keeps him happy and we don’t go out of our mind listening to the same oneover and over,” she explains. She also keeps a backpack in the trunk filledwith Magnadoodles, suckers and Smartees. “For those tricky moments when you arewaiting for food to arrive at the inevitable restaurant stops. Crayons and theback of a menu don’t always work.”

Monica利用各种各样从图书馆租来的光盘让孩子保持安静。“一叠光盘能让他觉得开心,而且这样我们也不用一直重复听同一张光盘以致最后快疯了。”她解释说道。她还会在车里放一个装满磁铁画板、棒棒糖和m&m豆的背包,以防蜡笔和菜单的背面不足以让孩子在停车吃饭时保持镇定。

Drivingat night is the key for Lisa, mother of two and one with autism. “We leave atmidnight so the bulk of the drive is quiet.” She also packs sensory toys suchas vibrating beanbags, weighted toys or teethers to help her child remain calm.“Of course, the DVD is essential. I plan out a portion of the trip dedicated tothe DVD player and use those CD over the visor storage units. Saves room. Wealso use headphones. You need to keep Mom and Dad sane as well.”

Lisa是两个孩子的妈妈,其中一个有自闭症。对她来说,晚上开车至关重要。“我们会在午夜出发,这样大部分的时间都是安静的。”她还会带上感官玩偶,比如说可震动的豆袋,加重的玩偶或者出牙嚼器来帮助她的孩子保持安定。“当然,DVD也是非常重要的。我安排了旅行的一部分时间专门来看DVD。把这些光盘放在副驾挡风板下的储存盒里可以节省空间。我们还会使用耳机,因为我和他们的爸爸也需要保持头脑清醒。”

Marlohas also taken the nighttime drive with her children sleeping quietly in theback. “These past few years it just hasn’t worked as well. The first day issuch a killer for the parents and the children are manic to start vacation. Nowwe start very early with the children still sleeping so some of the trip isquiet.”

Marlo也常趁孩子晚上在后座安静睡觉时开车。“过去的几年里旅行总是很难成行。第一天对家长来说就极难,孩子对要开始旅行也感到十分狂躁。现在我们趁孩子还在睡觉的时候很早就出发,这样至少部分旅行是安静的。”

Inthe past I have paired my older daughters with my son on a rotating basis. Ifthey limit their time with him, and each other, fewer fights break out. At eachrest room stop we look like a fire drill as the children all rotate seats inthe car.

以前我总会轮流让我年龄较大的女儿们轮流和我儿子挨着坐。如果她们和他、她们之间互相接触的时间有限,那么打架事件会少发生一点。在每次停车上厕所时,孩子们都换座位,就像火灾演练一样。

Icompiled the advice and evaluated the advice. Nighttime driving was not anoption for this trip. We did decide to start out after dinner with the hopesthat the children would fall asleep. It worked partially. My middle child fellsleep and we couldn’t wake her to trade seats. After ten o’clock myfive-year-old son fell asleep drooling on his fourteen year old sister’sshoulder.

我整理并评价了这些建议。晚上开车对我们的出行来说是不可行的。但我们决定吃完晚饭就出发,希望孩子们吃完饭会睡着。这方法有一些用。我第二个孩子睡着了,以致于我们不能叫醒她来换座位。十点以后我五岁的儿子睡着了,但却在他十四岁姐姐的肩膀上流了口水。

Theactivities packets worked very well for the trip there. They didn’t work on thetrip home. My son kept asking repeatedly for his ‘new’ toys. We almost had amelt down on Highway 80. My daughters averted the crisis by sharing their toyswith him. My daughters loved their gift bags and enjoyed them thoroughly. Myson enjoyed the inexpensive dollar store items more. I carefully selected itemsthat did not propel, launch, pop or crack. We didn’t want Dad to worry aboutgunfire or blown tires.

活动背包对这次出行非常有用,但在回家的路上就没效了。我儿子一直重复地索要他的“新”玩偶。我们在高速公路上差点就快崩溃了。我的女儿们给他分享了她们自己的玩具才拯救了这场危机。我的女儿们很享受她们的礼物。儿子则更喜欢廉价店里的物品。我买礼物时十分小心,专门挑选了不会发射、爆裂的物品。这样孩子的爸爸就不需要担心枪炮声和爆胎了。

Irented several CD’s from the library. I selected movie soundtracks they enjoyedas well as sing-along CD’s of pop songs. We enjoyed those for a few hours. Myhusband even joined in much to our surprise and then dismay. We all laughedloudly when Mom and Dad couldn’t keep up with the pop song words.

我从图书馆租了几张光盘,有他们喜欢的电影原声和可以跟着唱的流行歌曲。有几个小时我们都跟唱得很开心。令人惊喜、之后沮丧的是甚至连我丈夫也加入了跟唱行列。当我和他跟不上流行歌曲的歌词时,我们都爆笑了起来。

Evenif you have tantrums, melt downs, odd behavior and the like, ask yourself “Whocares?” What does it matter? This isn’t about the strangers around you butabout you. Focus on the good time together such as the waitress who mixed upyour order and how funny that was no that some of the food was cold. Mentalattitude is half the battle.

就算你发脾气,感觉自己快崩溃了,行为古怪或遇到类似情况,扪心自问:“有谁会在意呢?”这真的重要吗?其实,这与你身边的陌生人无关,而是和你自己有关。把注意力放在一起度过的美好时光上,例如,经历服务员弄混你们点的食物,搞笑的是有些食物是冷的。心态是成功的一半。

Ourfirst vacation with my son was a struggle. We booked a suite for spring breakat a mountainous state park resort so my husband could nearby. Unfortunately,the hotel was under construction and very loud. We asked to be moved to acabin. Within 12 hours, we experienced a freak snowstorm. I was stuck in asmall cabin with three children for three days without winter weather apparel,television, toys or car. My son was completely out of his element and routine.Creativity was my savior. I was completely unprepared. I remembered that what Ienjoyed most about vacation was the slow speed and time together. I gambledthat my autistic son would as well. We played paper basketball with the garbagecan. We had sliding competitions down the hallway. The list goes on. While Iremember that as a stressful time, my children really enjoyed the week.

我与儿子的第一次度假的经历犹如一场斗争。我们提前为春假在山区的一个国家公园度假村预定了一个套房,我的丈夫刚好也在附近。不幸地是,酒店正在施工中,噪音很响。我们要求搬到小木屋去。还不到12个小时,我们在那儿经历了一场异常的暴风雪。我和三个孩子被困在小木屋里在没有冬天的防寒服,在没有电视、玩具和车子的条件下度过了整整三天。我的儿子完全不适应这种情景。而我的救星就是“创造力”。我当时毫无准备,我所记得的是在旅途中我最喜欢的是一起慢慢度过的美好时光。我敢打赌我的自闭症儿子也是同样的感受。我们在小木屋里用垃圾桶和废纸团玩投篮的游戏,在房子的走道里玩“滑雪”。玩耍的游戏源源不断。当我觉得那段时光艰难且难熬时,我的孩子们却真正地享受着那一周的假期。

I wasvery afraid to go on vacation again. In fact, the first camping trip of thesummer was a rainout. We were confined to a small camper during severethunderstorms. Learning from spring break, we created games in the limitedspace having a wonderful time. I learned that slowing down is the greatest preparation.Most importantly, just go. As you go, you will develop your coping mechanismsthat work for you. Probably more than I can list here in these articles. Youare a competent person who can take of your children and still have a goodtime!

我很担心再次去度假。实际上,今年夏天的第一次露营之旅就完全泡汤了。在强雷暴雨天气里,我们受困于一个很小的营帐里。从春假里所学得的经验,在有限的空间里我们发明了一些游戏度过了快乐的时光。“放慢节奏”就是最好的事前准备。最重要的是出发吧。只有真正地出发,踏出那一步,你才会培养出适合自己的应对机制。其实有很多应对机制,不是我能在这些文章里一一列举的。你完全有能力既照顾好孩子,同时自己也能很快乐。

STRATEGY NINE

DAYTRIPPER YEAH

策略之九

一日游

Startout slow. Work your way up. Take your time. One small step. All of thesecolloquialisms have the same meaning. Before you take that whole week away, trya day trip first.

放慢节奏。按照自己的步伐来。不要着急。一次一小步。所有这些俗语都有着同样的意思。在你开始一个时长一周的度假计划之前,先尝试一下一个短途的一日游吧。

Imentioned in strategy eight that you will develop your own arsenal of copingtechniques. This is the method to help you start.

我在上一章内容里提及你完全有能力培养出自己的应对办法。这章的内容就是帮你真正地开始。

Beforeyou pack your bags for day, think about what you like to do. Visit a zoo, pool,local park, nearby state park/nature reserve, amusement park and more. Selectone that best suits your individual interests. Make sure that the drive isn’ttoo far and keeping in the one-day theme. Or one tank trip if you wish.

在打包行李之前,先想一想自己想要做的事情是什么。参观动物园,去游泳,逛当地的公园,去附近的国家公园或是自然保护区,游乐园等。选出最符合你个人兴趣的一件事情。确保整个车程不会太远,尽量保持在一天来回的时间里。如果你愿意,也可仅仅是一次超短途旅行。

Keepthe budget small. If you make the trip economical and it goes horribly wrongyou won’t feel double the guilt. You may just want to plan a trip to an outletmall and walk the stores. Don’t take any money – just enough for lunch. Andwalk the stores. You will gain an idea of what you need away to help yourchild. While keeping your money close.

控制旅行预算。如果你将旅行预算安排得经济实惠,就算实际上花销很多,你也不会感到很内疚。也许你只是安排了去大卖场和商场购物。不要带钱——只带足够午饭的钱就行了。然后去逛那些商场。你会知道旅行时要给孩子带什么,同时没有乱花钱。

Leavesomething in the car. Daytrips are usually easy to plan. Yet you can still overpack. So keep something in the car. While you are walking the zoo or hiking thewoods, keep most of what you brought in the car. Only take the essentials withyou. This keeps your hands free and the focus on your family. You learn what isreally important to take as well. Valuable information for those further tripsabroad.

将东西留在车内。一日游的行程通常很容易安排。但是,你仍然会过度打包行李。因此很有必要将东西留在车里。当你要去逛动物园或者去树林里徒步时,将你带出来的大部分东西留在车内。只带一些重要的物品。这样做可以解放你的双手,并促使你将注意力放在家人身上。你将学会哪些是需要携带的必不可少的东西。这对于将来计划远途旅行都是很重要的信息。

Takethe whole family. Everyone needs to go with you. You need to learn to cope as aunit with your autistic child. Not just parent and child. All of you. Thesooner the better for you and your children.

带上所有的家庭成员。每个人都需要在你身边。你需要学会将自闭症孩子纳入一个整体。不仅仅是父母与孩子。所有人都是一个整体。不仅仅对你,对孩子而言都是越早适应越好。

Makea list. When you return home make a list of what worked and what didn’t. Keep afile or notebook on your experiences. The list will come handy when you areready to venture further a field.

列一个清单。当你结束旅行回到家里后,列一个清单,哪些办法有效,哪些毫无用处。建一个关于这些心路历程的文件档案或笔记本。在你准备去更远的地方旅行时,这样的清单将会排上用场。

对本文的特别申明: 由于我们的医学专业知识和翻译水平有限,译文可能会有瑕疵,欢迎大家提出宝贵的意见和建议,以便帮助豆苗计划翻译小组更好地开展工作。

豆苗计划翻译小组

翻译:Greta                    复核:刘玘-67   

翻译:MONOのcaicai    复核:小太阳   

640.webp.jpg

发表于 2016-5-24 16:16:04 | 显示全部楼层
     不错的技术帖,一些需要的家长来看看了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

微信公共平台 :点击添加好友——查找公众号
自闭症咨询

无法注册请点击|手机版|关于我们|联系平台|法律顾问:段方磊|北京自闭症论坛